Celine Grey Faded Distressed Diamond Hallway Runner
Rug runners are an excellent addition to any interior space for various reasons. The unique shape of rug runners makes them versatile and ideal for placement throughout your home; hence, we are always looking for new ways to introduce colour, warmth, and texture to create beautiful interiors. Rug runners have quickly become one of the go-to decorating tools, thanks to their long, narrow shape, which makes them perfect for placing in limited spaces with lots of traffic.
In this blog post, we'll share why we love rug runners and how you can choose the perfect one for your home.
What is a Rug Runner?
A rug runner is a long, narrow rug typically placed in limited spaces such as hallways, entryways, stairways, and kitchens. Unlike a traditional area rug that covers a large portion of the floor, a rug runner is designed to add style and function to a specific area of your home. Rug runners can come in various lengths and widths, making them a versatile decorating tool for any space.
Purpose of a Rug Runner
One of the primary purposes of a rug runner is to add a touch of colour and style to your home. Suppose you have a neutral-coloured hallway or entryway, a colourful rug runner can instantly add visual interest and personality to the area. Rug runners can also be used to tie the style of a main room into a long space in your home. For example, if you have a beautiful living room with a colourful rug, you should use a matching rug runner in the hallway leading to the rest of the house.
Another vital purpose of a rug runner is to provide cushioning and protection for your floors. If your home has hardwood or tile floors, a rug runner can add some much-needed cushioning for your feet and help prevent slips and falls. A rug runner can also add a hint of luxury and warmth to any space, making it more inviting and comfortable.
Heirloom Ivory Autumn Transitional Medallion Hallway Runner
Rug Runners for Every Room
One of the great things about rug runners is that they can be used in just about any room in your home. Here are some ideas for where to place a rug runner:
- Hallways: A rug runner in your hallway can add colour and style while protecting your floors from wear and tear.
- Entryways: A rug runner in your entryway can create a welcoming first impression for guests and provide a soft landing spot for shoes.
- Stairways: A rug runner on your stairs can help prevent slips and falls while adding style and texture to your home.
- Kitchens: A rug runner in your kitchen can cushion your feet while you cook and help protect your floors from spills and stains.
- Bathrooms: A rug runner in your bathroom can add warmth and comfort to a cold tile floor while protecting it from water damage.
Awaken Navy Oriental Hallway Runner
How to Choose a Rug Runner
When it comes to choosing the perfect rug runner for your home, there are a few factors to consider:
- Size: The correct size rug runner will depend on the size of the room it's in and what piece of furniture it's lined up with. A good rule of thumb is to leave a few inches of space on either end of the rug runner so that it doesn't look cramped or crowded. Our available sizes are 80 x 300CM, 80 x 400CM, and 80 x 500CM, but we can do custom sizes for some of the designs.
- Colour and Pattern: Consider picking a shade of rug that complements pre-existing furniture and decor. If you have a lot of bold colours and patterns in your home, go for a neutral-coloured rug runner to balance things out. On the other hand, if your home is more muted and minimalist, a boldly patterned rug runner can add some much-needed visual interest.
- Material: Natural fibres such as wool and cotton are excellent choices for rug runners as they are durable, easy to clean, and add a soft and cozy feel to any room.
💡Here’s a great tip from our in-house rug stylist :
Consider using smaller runners rather than an extra-long runner when you have an extended area. It breaks up the room and adds texture to a bland space. The smaller runners give a nice feature rather than emphasising a long area that can often look like a runway.
Maya Ivory Medallion Transitional Hallway Runner
Did you know that we have a vast selection of runners available? We have a variety of sizes, colours, and materials to choose from; you're sure to find the perfect rug runner to enhance the style and comfort of your home. Don't hesitate to contact our team of experts if you need assistance selecting the proper rug runner.